The surprising bit was that he had some really great shots, especially chips and puts. On the par-5 7th hole, Keylan was on the green in 6 shots and I was on in 3. Ala Ready Golf, I sank my 10-ft R->L put for my Birdie and I was happy about that, but as soon as I had hit, Keylan stepped up and stroked his put from 25+ feet away. This big bender had at least 8 feet of Left to Right break in it - and he sank it right in the middle of the cup!! I was ecstatic. We did the big-high-5 boy-thing, and then I took his pic from where he hit it (with my iPhone.)
After we finished the round, we went back to the 7th green with the real camera to take a better picture (below). There was a couple hitting into that green, whom we waited for. When they came up to put, we told them why we were there, and the gentleman offered to take a picture of both of us. When Keylan placed his ball where he had hit it from, I could tell that the gentleman who was playing thought the fish must have gotten a little bigger when we came back. After we took our pics, he told Keylan "Well, go ahead and hit it like you did." Keylan stepped right up to it and hit it on the same line he had before. Everyone's eyes got really big as we watched it roll perfectly on track to go in the hole - and it stopped about 4 inches short. Another crazy good put from there. If I hit 10 balls, I think I might be able to make 2. Way to go Keylan.
Shots like these get us addicted to this game we all love to play so poorly.
- Matt
1 comment:
Well, I don't know one single thing about golf, but you guys look like pros to me.
Hope you had a great birthday, Keylan.
Post a Comment